Living Adventures Through Rhythm, Sound and Vibration
Soundformation introduces a series of interactive meditation, breathwork, and rhythm awareness and drumming play-shops for personal expression, growth, and wellness.
III. I Am The DRUM
Rhythm is the probably oldest and most direct form of communication. Drums are a part of every type of cultural musical heritage, with a wide variety of rhythmic systems and instruments. As a healing modality, the drum serves as a vehicle for personal expression, stress reduction, balanced coordination, physical strength, and endurance, and creating a sense of connection to others. Traditional Rhythms from various cultures are explored as well as fundamental principles of rhythm based healing techniques.
Specific techniques for rhythm-based activities include:
- Proper playing technique and stylistic exercises
- “Personal Power Practice” Drumming: Rhythms of the 7 Sacred Directions
- Drumming as a form of prayer and meditation
- Interactive Rhythm exercises for teambuilding
- Drumming to enhance physical stamina, coordination, and balance
- Drumming and breathing for creating and maintaining energy and balance
- “Personal pulse” body percussion exercises
- Personal expression and emotional release
- Rhythm games and “mandalas”
- Instrument construction techniques
VII. Creating an Interactive Rhythm Resonance Circle
Gathering people together for sharing a fun rhythmic musical experience is powerful. Something uplifting happens when we come together to create a sense of community expression through drumming and rhythm, and sound. We create a special type of magic when we communicate through a rhythm language, compelling us to tune into each other in a new exciting manner. This collaboration re-powers us to unify our individual talents. We are committed to recreating this spirit of musical connection.
Specific Aspects of a Rhythm Resonance circle include:
Emphasize fun and creative expression.
Welcome anyone to participate, with the belief that everyone brings their own unique musical gift to the group.
Focus on the quality of the interaction between the participants.
Enhance “creative listening” skills.
Builds enthusiasm for cooperation, teamwork, personal Re-powerment and success.
Provide an excellent combination of physical coordination, exercise, and stress reduction.
Include hand percussion instruments for everyone.
GO TO TOP ^
VI. Breathing and Meditation Techniques
Breathing in its simplicity is the fundamental essence of our being, necessary for life and creativity. Conscious awareness of breathing has deep importance to our understanding of the energetic aspects of our multi-leveled human nature. In Sanskrit terms, ”Prana” is the flow of life force energy through the breath. Conscious breathing techniques provide a vital link, which connect and purify our physical body, mind, and emotions.
Specific techniques using the breath as a form of healing include:
- Breath as a portal to present moment awareness
- The “Sonic Breath” to prepare for sound healing sessions
- Connected Breathing and healing
- “Rhythmic” Breathing
- “Prana” and Breathing techniques or for exercise, yoga and meditation