Heart Rhythm Community Outreach Project
The HEARTRYHTHM outreach project creates events to share innovative ideas and practical resources for personal growth and wellness, education, and crisis support through community service. HEARTRYHTHM is affiliated with many schools, shelters, and community based organizations.
- We organize monthly networking drumming circles.
- We organize food collections at our various events.
- We provide motivational seminars for schools.
- We assist with benefits and fundraisers for various charities.
- We participate in various seminars, rallies, and celebrations.
- We work with a number of teachers, counselors and volunteers for the disabled, at risk youth, and non-profit organizations.
- New Earth Life:
An organization which provides programs and services that empower people of all ages, backgrounds, and cultures to tap into their unrealized human creative potential. For more info: www.newearthlife.org
- Westside Regional Center:
A case management/services agency for people with Developmental Disabilities. WRC is sponsoring the Lotus Project, and ongoing support circle for women with disabilities incorporating drumming as a form of therapy. For more info: www.westsiderc.org
- Love and Understanding Center:
Communities Spiritual Center that provides a gathering place where people can meet, grows spiritually, and feel like family. Also the home of Love and U Productions, which sponsors events for conscious music. For more info: www.loveandunderstanding.org
- The Men’s Center of Los Angeles:
A multifaceted, dynamic counseling and support center for men facing the challenges of our contemporary society. For more info: www.sacredpathproductions.com
- The International Humanities Center:
An umbrella non-profit organization, which promotes social and ecological justice, to improve conditions for all beings and their environment. For more info: http://ihcenter.org
- The Rhythmic Arts Project (T.R.A.P): An education program utilizing drums and percussion to provide enrichment services, and to address many basic life skills for people with developmental disabilities. For info: www.traponline.com
A social service program offering enrichment services of art, music, theatre, and weekly activities and outings for adults with developmental disabilities. For more info: www.lifemanagementservices.org
- Hearts Giving Hope: An organization dedicated to improving the lives of abused and underprivileged children by providing them with positive outlets of self-expression through art and music. For more info: www.heartsgivinghope.org
- Rock The Classroom: A dynamic classroom education program, which enhances literacy through music and personal growth activities. For more info: www.rocktheclassroom.org
- WE Spark Cancer Support Center: A community wellness center, which provides a myriad of support services for individuals and families dealing with the trials of cancer. For more info: www.wespark.org
TRAP ‘s ongoing seasonal fundraising concerts and drum circles continue to be resounding successes!! One highlight is the drumming duo of Carlos Richardson and Christo, which is always a true crowd pleaser! Carlos is now demonstrating his skill as a drum circle facilitator! What a spirit this young man possesses for drumming and community
Hearts Giving Hope continues to organize a holiday “Hearts & Crafts” Faire sponsored by the Nehemiah Project, a collaborative of inner city Lutheran churches providing resources to at risk youth. We also provide music education and drumming circles for children at Orangewood and Vista Del Mar Children's Homes.
The Earth and Sky Lodge monthly community Drumming Circle is now affiliated with The New Earth Life Organization. We are creating a potluck and networking event as part of this circle. All are welcome. Guest speakers are presenting program specifics at each circle. For more info: www.earthandsky.info
Monthly drum circles for wellness are being organized for the We-SPARK Cancer Support Center. For more info: www.wespark.org
We are continuing our efforts to organize and produce events in our communities that transcend race, culture, faith, and age. We are seeking volunteers to be involved with at risk youth programs, and we want to develop an on- going news -letter to share links to seminars, conferences, and other resources. Interested in donating food, organizing, or volunteering?? Please send any creative collaborative ideas, questions, event info or concerns to
Links about Christo