In the beginning was the SOUND…it has been said in countless myths, sagas, legends and tales that the first act of creation was the creation of sound. All sound emerges from the stillness. All structure is created from sound. Webster defines healing as to “become” sound. Sound therapy is now widely acknowledged as one of the most powerful vibrational healing modalities. With a wide variety of applications and techniques, sound therapy combines precise procedures with intuitive intervention. From hearing the first sounds of a mother’s heart beat in the womb, we intrinsically experience sound as a natural form of healing energy.
Research from Fabien Maman has demonstrated that sound in the form of droning harmonics or overtones produces powerful results in dissolving blockages in the subtle energy field. Many different textures can be used to create these droning harmonics. We explore overtones and their relationship to nature, geometric shapes and Sacred Sound. The descending currents of Sacred Sound represent involution, stepping down into grosser states of matter. The ascending overtone series represents evolution, stepping up to higher vibrations of spirit. see www.tama-do.com for more info.
It is widely known that the voice is a primary medium for the most direct and natural form of sound healing. Our earliest memories of the power of the voice in sound therapy occur as children when we hear the lullabies sung by our parents. Whenever we sing, chant, or produce harmonic overtones with our voice, the reverberation is felt throughout the body.
Sound has a direct effect on our feelings. Sound therapy results when sounds are specifically applied with intention to positively affect our emotional or Astral subtle body. This type of healing is also known as “Bio-Resonation”. Harmonic sounds can be generally thought of as having two forms,
- Struck Sounds, as a drum or gong is played with intention.
- Un-struck Sounds, as the heart beats, or water flows.
|“The person of science says that sound comes from the spine, diaphragm, abdomen and lungs… the mystic says that sound comes from the soul, the heart and the mind. Before its incarnation the soul is sound. It is for this reason that we love sound”
Hazrat Inayat Khan
VIBRATIONAL / SOUND HEALING SESSIONS
We bring a rich variety of techniques traditions, and modalities. Each session is co-created with you to resonate with your personal outcomes.
Create a “Personal Resonance Package!!”
- Individual Vibratory/ Sound Healing Sessions
(Combining acupuncture with tuning forks, chi gong, special sound instruments, color, voice toning and more)
- Seasonal Resonance “Tune up” (Experience a balance of sounds of gongs, harmonium, the monochord, and Tibetan singing bowls to resonate with each season)
(Co-Create a personalized meditation / journey with breath-work, drumming, movement, color, and sound accompaniment)
Each vibrational / sound session is 60 minutes.
Click HERE for our rates
Participants in sound therapy may experience powerful Bio-Resonating sounds that interact with the energy field such as:
- Crystal or clay instruments didgeridoo & drums with the base of the spine (Ocarina, Udu, Crystal Bowls)
- Rain sticks and Ocean drums with kidneys and bladder
- Wood instruments with the liver and gall bladder (Balafone, Tongue Drum, Woodblocks, Claves, Castanets)
- String instruments with the heart (Harps, Monochord, Autoharp)
- Metal instruments with the lung and large intestine (Gongs, Tubes, Bowls, tuning forks, Cup Chimes, Gamelan Genders,
- Wind instruments for the throat (Flutes, Wind Whistle, Sax)
- Droning instruments (Voice, Harmonium, Didgeridoo, Monochord, Tempura).
- Natural Sounds (water, wind, fire, sand, birds,) and light bells for the head area (Chimes, Bells, Chin-sa Cymbals)
- Silence and Body Rhythms (Breath, Heartbeat, Circulation)
GO TO TOP ^
Musical instruments and natural ambient and environmental sounds are excellent when used in sound therapy to accompany meditation and healing practices. Research from Fabien Maman has demonstrated that they create a powerful natural energetic resonance with the 5 elements and their corresponding organs and energy centers in the body. For moe infomation on this pioneering research go to www.tama-do.com
One such instrument is the “monochord” created by Fabien Maman, is a droning harmonic sound generating chamber which resembles a giant harp or guitar. The unique aspect of this instrument involves tuning all 28 bronze strings to the same note. When strummed lightly, a complex blend of subtle harmonics is generated from the primary tuned note. These resulting harmonics are fundamental to the sound therapy process, as they accelerate healing by interacting with the subtle energy field to clear any distortions or blockages.
We also possess a custom designed monochord table with a sound chamber using 60 bronze strings underneath, generating harmonics which interact directly with the spine.
We also provide rhythm, music and sound accompaniment for special ceremonies, private parties, rituals and auspicious events. All instruments, dancers and materials are provided, and each event is custom created specifically for your group.
We honor and utilize traditional practices from the following cultures:
- East Indian
- Native American Indian
Sound Therapy can also create a high performance mental state through a process called brain wave “entrainment”. This occurs when two differing specific frequencies enter the ears, thereby allowing the brain to create a single frequency or rhythm from the two differing frequencies. The result is the “synchronization” of both right and left hemispheres of the brain, creating a dramatic increase in brain activity and a state of higher thinking performance. Also known as a “theta” brain wave state, this state of heightened awareness can produce several health benefits including:
- Increased immunity functioning
- Better memory
- Increased brain functions
- Increased libido
- Pain reduction
- Improved and deeper sleep patterns
Click here to read more on Resonance
- Personal Voice Analysis Assessments
(Discovering energy flow and wellness in the body through vocal overtones)
- Energy Wellness Balancing
(Energizing/balancing the “musical” zones of the spine with specific tuning forks)
- Visioning Path-work Journeys and personal wellness counseling